Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why Do People Pursue Retail Management?

Why do people pursue retail management?

For me, my retail entry point was desperation.  From there it was like most other retail store managers, it is by default.  When young, most retail managers do not dream about growing up to be a store manager.  It is not a high school or college goal or ambition.  Well, sometimes a business major in college might be recruited, but they usually do not last long.

Ask any person in retail store management what they wanted to be when they were growing up.  Ask about aspirations in high school or why they went to college?  Did they achieve their goal?  Most likely you will find that their current placement in management was more by default then by design.

Is default bad?  Retail management has been good to me.  I appreciate the default aspect of the scheme of things.  Without it, my life would not have been as fruitful.  

I am looking forward to hearing from anybody that has management retail experience or having worked in retail, may now be considering a management position.  Share with us how you got to this point and why did you pursue retail (or considering) it as a career.

There are also those that may have recently taken a management retail position.  How do you feel about it?  How did you get to that point and why?

So, retail management may be by default; but what do I mean by default?  Come back soon and we’ll explore the subject together.

Just to be clear; I base this assessment on my retail and sales experience which has spanned over 30 years.  I have not extensively researched the subject nor interviewed thousands of managers to amass my conclusions.  I am just expressing my opinion based on my experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey, thanks for checking in!

I am spending time on my new book and will only be posting here a couple times a week.  My plan is to focus on my own experience in the retail world, the ups, as well as the downs.  I will reveal a few more secrets as well

I invite you to check out the archive on the right hand side; it has a lot of good stuff you may have missed, as well as the YouTube videos that are worth checking out.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine post. I think will be enjoyable to everyone.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful writings. Good thinking. Keep going. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excelent work. Will be beneficial for others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece of work. Of course an useful post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Useful post. We look forward for the next. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very enjoyable post. I like it. Looking for more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work. I appreciate it. Looking for such useful future works. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post. Keep going and be useful for others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job. Wants more relevant post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I like it. Keep going. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The World Book Symbol site is a largest bookmark site. Anybody can be use this social bookmark site for bookmarking there website. This Is SEO helping site. So you can use this site for SEO your website.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These days retail is not easy.

    Jogos de pesca

    ReplyDelete
  15. В результате фриланса можно получить высокую прибыть. Площадки для копирайтинга – это самый проверенный каждому человеку вариант заработать в сети. На подобных сайтах бизнесмены выкладывают подробные задания, выполняя которые пользователь забирает вознаграждение на основной айди учетки. На площадке gidra com наверняка присутствует работа даже для опытных копирайтеров.

    ReplyDelete